Thursday, March 5, 2015

Artimisia update

Hello, hello! I've been busy working away on my costume for Emerald City Comic Con which is quickly approaching, but I figured I could take a moment and share some progress with you. Last time I put up some pictures of my swords in progress (they are still in progress) but today I have some pictures of the actual costume!

So, here we go:

patterning for the back spikes

and more patterning

spikes in foam

spikes coated in worbla thermoplastic

painting the spikes

marking the holes for the rivets in the back piece

Spikes are attached!

close up of the rivets. There was a little damage to the paint during the riveting process so a few touch ups are needed.

I only have a couple of weeks left until the Con so it will have to be done by then. For now, back to paining!

No comments:

Post a Comment